"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 8 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #8

Title: On the Way to Lapie - The South Canol
Medium:  Acrylic
Size 6x8
sold
Well I guess I made it through my first week.  I  have two more paintings to do if I want to reach my goal of 10 for this area. The South Canol Highway which is about 60 km from where I live is closed in the winter as the road is not maintained. It can even be treacherous in the summer if there is a lot of rain. But the drive is "oh so worth the views".  I think I will paint some rivers from the area tomorrow and the next day. The Rose River is very beautiful and I have some nice reference material for it.

1 comment:

  1. I have wonderful memories of the Lapie River and its good fishing.Your paintings always speak to me and make me appreciate the Yukon.
    Horst

    ReplyDelete