"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Wednesday 5 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #5

Title: South Canol Reflections
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 8x10
sold
I am learning a lot about how to use acrylic paint.  It is so much more forgiving than watercolour which I used for years. There is more freedom because you can make a mistake and just change it over and over again.
In 2004, I wanted a change so I bought all the supplies for acrylics and away I went.  It has taken some time to learn how to use it and at times I have felt frustrated. I am looking forward to taking a workshop with an acrylic artist. There are tips and techniques that you pick up that you can't get from a book that make it so much easier!

2 comments:

  1. Ilove the colors and the reflections in the water

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see another artist approach the same scene. I love the complementary colours of the mountains and grasses and,of course,the reflections in the water.
    Horst

    ReplyDelete