"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Monday 17 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #17

Title:  Lichen and Bearberry
Medium:  Acrylic
Size 6x8
sold
Today I head back to Faro.  I have a whole bunch of shopping to do and then a 4 hour drive. Over the years I have actually come to enjoy the long drive.  It gives me time to think and I listen to lots of music which always lifts me up.  I have my new winter tires and the weather is good. 
I hope to paint many more works with this type of subject matter.  I love the boreal forest and I have taken many photos from Magundy of the forest floor. Lots of mushrooms, deadfall, moss and flora.

1 comment:

  1. What a great painting! It creates a special mood for me. Memories of fall days in the tundra. It makes me want to be there.
    Horst

    ReplyDelete