"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 29 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #29

Title: Oh Aurora!
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 6x8

Quote for the Day:
"Drink your tea slowly & reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves -slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. 
Live the actual moment." - Thich Nhat Hanh

Life's Simple Little Pleasures
So much talk today of living in the moment and being fully present
 (concepts I heartily agree with). 
Enjoying simple tasks and appreciating the good things in my life are a
BIG part of this for me.
 In the morning, I enjoy grinding up my Midnight Sun dark roast coffee beans and seeing the rich black hue. Pouring the ground coffee into my Bodum Coffee Press and adding the boiling water.  The best part is the initial sound that results when the water hits the beans, it has a musical quality to it. Ahhh!! and then the aroma (they say that smell is the most evocative and powerful sense (probably true)
I have reached heaven on earth and I haven't even had my first sip yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment