"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Monday 10 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #10


Title: Sunset - Lapie Lakes
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 8x10
Sold
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
I have decided to finish the South Canol area with a Sunset.  I would like to do a suite on Sunsets as well but  need to change my colour scheme a bit with my sunsets.  I always gravitate to brilliant oranges and yellows.  I am starting to relax into this process of painting and am really enjoying these small pieces.
 I mentioned Robert Genn's Newsletter in yesterday's comments and I would also like to share with you that I, for the first time decided to send in a comment about another topic that was presented.  I will post my comment here as it may not be selected
The topic was"The Plight of the Undiscovered Artist"

AT THE END OF THE DAY
Jackie Irvine, Faro Yukon

Is art about sales, marketing and money?  The fundamental question is “Why do I paint?” Is it a means to an end? My end is not the Money! At the end of the day I have come to the conclusion that if I didn’t make a dime at my painting for the rest of my life - I would still paint.  Why?  Because I love it and it makes me happy.  I do it because when I don’t, my dreams manifest the images for me and end up waking me up in the middle of the night. I believe there is an archetypal artist that paints because they feel called to do so.  It is an intrinsic part of their psyche and regardless of any hardship that is presented they  remain passionate about their process.  Do I want to make money from my art? Of course! But this is not the reason I paint.
That’s another story.

1 comment: