"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 25 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #25


Title: Heigl's Place
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 8x10

Quote for the Day:
 "The supreme accomplishment is to blur the line between
 work and play"Arnold Toynbee.

I love my painting - it's something I have always done.  When I was a little girl of 5 years old; I received a colouring book and crayons from my parents and my art career was launched.  First thing I did was to colour the skin on the people.  Well there was no skin tone in the box of crayons I received so I began using a combination of brown, orange, red and then a hard pressing of a white crayon on top and wa la!  There you have it - skin.  This was a very labour intensive  process because there was lots of pressing and blending involved to get that skin tone. But I can remember that moment as clear as if it was yesterday. This was when I knew I wanted to be an artist.  
It is all I have ever wanted to be.
There is a lot of work involved in being an artist but for me it is play.


No comments:

Post a Comment