"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 18 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #18

Title:Impression: My Sunrise
Medium: Mixed Media
Size: 6x8
Monet said:  "I've caught this magical landscape and it's the enchantment of it that I'm so keen to render.  Of course lots of people will protest that it's quite unreal, but that's just too bad."

Monet is one of my favourite impressionists and the other would be Cezanne.
I love Monet's piece: Impression: Sunrise.  The term impressionism was taken from this piece.  This picture was underlaid with acrylic and then I used oil sticks to finish off the colours.  It is rather pointillistic with all those dots.
We have a light dusting of snow and this should drive away the winter blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment