"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Sunday 16 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #16

Title: Aspen Pond - Robert Campbell Highway
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 6x8
"Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast"  
Lewis Carroll

This shift completes my week  at Yukon Artists At Work it has been truly great to be involved.  I enjoy communicating, exchanging ideas and supporting my fellow artists and meeting all the people that walk in the door. 
I used to think "Oh - I can't do this because....."  or "Oh -I couldn't be an active member of YAAW because I live so far away and I have too many other priorities. 
Anything is possible if we make it so. 
I think the creative person needs a balance between solitude (to create your work) and community and collaboration with other artists 
(to feed the artistic process and make you a part of something bigger than just yourself). 
Even Cezanne found the impressionists in the end.
I am looking forward to going home to see my lovely family and to my solitude.
But I look forward to coming back to be a part of my new artist family!

This painting is done from memory and imagination.  My husband, Jeff and I went for a walk across the Highway from our acreage along the cut-line and we came upon a spot like this.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely painting and nice reflecting on being on your own and part of a group. I am learning a lot from you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kara
    I have been reading a new blog called zenhabits.net and the guy who writes it has such wonderful insights. This was some of the wisdom he shared.

    ReplyDelete