"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Friday 14 October 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #14


Title:  Faro Peak - Golden Sunset
Medium: Acrylic
Size:  6x8
SOLD

Yukon Artists At Work has a busy day today.  The opening of John Boivin's show is today. Beautiful bold colours and incredible detail - if I were to try to define his style it would be impressionistic realism and there is a rhythmic flow to his paintings- the opening reception is at 5pm.
In the last few days  I have met some of the artists, tonight I will meet more at John's show.  I want to do to work at the gallery regularly I feel it is really important.  

There is lots of molding paste mixed with the paint to create texture on this newest painting. I used a sgraffito technique to scratch into the paint in the foreground to create a very textured look as well.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie
    I just spent 2 wonderful hours looking at your blog. You are putting in a great effort!
    I too like warm colours, especially orange. The glow on the mountainside is fabulous. What a beautiful painting!
    Horst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horst;
    Thanks for your comments - I am really enjoying the new medium and have just ordered a fantastic set of oil sticks from the States - more learning!.
    I know I will return to my first love ( watercolour) one of these days but am enjoying the process of daily painting.
    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete