"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 29 November 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #60

"Pond Near Faro"
6"x6", Acrylic
sold
I have done a painting of this pond in watercolour.  I really like the location and it is just off the Mitchell Road near Tintina Subdivision, outside of Faro. There is a little skiff of ice on the pond.  I love painting ice and water together - I hope I captured it.

When was the last time you spent a quiet moment just doing nothing - just sitting and looking at the sea, or watching the wind blowing the tree limbs, or waves rippling on a pond, a flickering candle or children playing in the park?

2 comments:

  1. Love the painting. I can see the ice. Can other people see it? More comments would be good. The sad looking spruce trees in the background are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Horst - not a lot of people comment but thats ok - appreciate your feedback though. I love this little painting too. The watercolour is posted back in the summer and the heading is Pond on Mitchell Road. I think I like the acrylic better.

    ReplyDelete