"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Friday 11 November 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #42

Title: Evening Sonnet
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 6x8

These are the kinds of paintings that I so enjoy doing.  First I mix some naples yellow with molding paste (lots!)  and lay it down on the canvas I use an old pencil and make lines and shapes and grooves.  I let it dry and then I start blobbing paint on the painting and I keep dabbing all the colours in until I get the effect I want and lots of texture.  This painting was of a memory when Jeff and I walked down our lane at Magundy and the sun was setting on the snow covered trees.  It was breath-taking. There is a painter whose work I really admire - his name is David Langevin and he does this style of painting - his colours just glow.

Quote for the Day:

“Wholly unprepared, we embark upon the second half of life… we take the step into the afternoon of life; worse still we take this step with the false assumption that our truths and ideals will serve as before.
But we cannot live the afternoon of life according to the program of life’s morning - for what was great in the morning will be little at evening, and what in the morning was true will at evening have become a lie."
Carl Jung








No comments:

Post a Comment