"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 19 November 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #50

Title:  Looking to Rose Mountain: Sunshine Trail
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 6x8
Photo Credit:  Horst Berlow
sold
Up behind the Faro Mine there are some phenomenal hikes and I love the colour of the underbrush.  There  are such brilliant reds, oranges and yellows.  We may not have brilliant red maples but we have aspen, bearberry, willow, cranberry, fireweed and lots more. 
Our autumn is incredibly beautiful and fleeting.

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower." 
 ~Albert Camus

4 comments:

  1. 50!! Congratulations on making it half way to your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara;
    Thanks so much for acknowledging this - There is so much going on in my life right now with the ladies tea and the grad fundraiser and three teenagers. I am so glad I started this project - it is not always easy to "bring it" to the easel. Yesterday, Ben & I were trying to get his truck started and the pipes froze up in the cold. But I'm committed. The only thing I struggle with is thinking the quality of the work could be better if I had more time to focus. Sometimes I just blast a painting in there and it feels like cheating !
    I should take my time. Glad I got that all out:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, I really love this picture as behind the Faro Mine holds a really special place in my heart. It is the area that we do our hunting and I love going up there more for the scenery then the hunt! What are your prices on your paintings! All of them are outstanding!!!!!

    Tammy Wood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy;
    I love the area I live in - I am constantly inspired by the Yukon Landscape. I have lived all across Canada and I think it is the most beautiful here. (not to put other places down:)
    Prices:
    6x8. $115.00
    5x7 $99.00
    6x6 $95.00
    5x5 $90.00
    I have an Etsy store now - just opened it yesterday but if you are interested just e-mail me and I can sell to you directly Even if it is on the store I can take it off and just sell to you so there is no shipping. I am a member of YAAW in Whrse.

    ReplyDelete