"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Thursday 17 November 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #48

Cliffs along the Pelly Valley
Medium: Acrylic
Size: 6x8
sold
It took me 5 hours to drive back from Whitehorse last night.  It was snowing and the wind was blowing but it wasn't a bad trip- I just took my time.  Unloading the car at the end is the worst part of it. And then putting everything away.  I ordered my new set of oil sticks.  This is my Christmas present to myself - I can't wait for them to come in the mail.
 I delivered 25 paintings to the Yukon Artists At Work and had a lovely visit with Harreson Tanner and his wife Pat.  Harreson is a gifted sculptor and really the founding father of YAAW.  I saw his newest and very beautiful clay mask which is going to the Tombstone Interpretive Centre.

A Quote for Harreson and Pat:
I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a 
love letter to the world.  
~Mother Teresa (Agnes Gonxha Bojarhiu)

No comments:

Post a Comment