"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Monday 7 November 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #38


Title: Deadfall - Magundy River Forest
Medium:  Acrylic
Size 8x10
sold
I love walking in the forest around my home in the bush - you see see little scenes like this all over the place and I find this really beautiful.   I suppose some people would want to firesmart all this dead underbrush as it could be a fire hazard but I think of the little squirrels and a male spruce grouse strutting his stuff on top of that log. Nature replenishes my spirit and is a necessity for my painting process.

Quote for the Day:
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it
took to blossom.
Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment