"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Thursday 3 November 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #34


 Title:  Dance of Fire
Medium:  Acrylic
Size: 6x8
Sold
REASONS WHY I READ THE ART OF MANLINESS BLOG 

1.  It is really interesting and a well-written, excellent content blog.
2.  YEAH! It celebrates being a man (in the traditional sense but also with lots of current information.  I have two sons and a husband and sometimes I think men get slammed with the whole " empowering women"  thing.  Yes it is something to celebrate but this site is a wonderful guide for boys/men and very empowering and practical for them.
3. I find some of the content very interesting, for example:  George S. Patton's letter to his son and how to lose gracefully.

Well as I quoted the Lord of the Rings yesterday - funny thing I have to admit I have not even read the book!  But I know a lot about it from the movies and my three Teenagers.  I don't think I have ever  mentioned that I am a mom of three teenagers in my blog, not once. Back to the Lord of the Rings - I recently saw it on a "100 Must Read Books for Men" listed on the above-mentioned site.
Quote for the Day:
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.  Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave. 
 ~Mark Twain,Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar, 1894

  Today's Painting:  I thought I would warm you Yukoners up as it is
Freeking Cold out there!! -14 celsius and lows tonight of -17 eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment