"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 14 January 2012

RED ROSES

Rose #3
4"x4", Mixed Media
*sold*
 I had a dream last night that I was snow-shoeing through the bush and came across some beautiful rose hips and yarrow. In the dream, I painstakingly picked them and brought them home and painted them - I felt a deep sense of satisfaction.  When I awoke I intended to go out and find them only it was so bitterly cold today that I decided to stay indoors. 

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
of night and light and half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats  
"He wishes for the Cloths of Heaven"

No comments:

Post a Comment