"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Sunday 8 January 2012

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #100

"Lapie Lakes, The South Canol, Yukon"
6"x8", Acrylic
SOLD
"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."
T.S.Eliot

I have reached my goal: 
100 Paintings in 100 Days  is now a done deal!  
I decided to finish with what I started with which is the South Canol.  I have really loved doing this project and I want to take a deep breath and just be in this moment and feel that I have accomplished something.   I have had mixed feelings about it being done; I can hardly believe it because you'd think I'd be relieved that it's done but I feel a little sad. 
It may be an ending but it is also a beginning, 
on that note I will say good night!

12 comments:

  1. WOW! What an accomplishment! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool!

    I will have to see how much disposable income I have otherwise I may try to paint some myself using your paintings as a template.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that my work inspires you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to THANK Kara! She posted a Congrats to me on her blog and it is the most traffic I have had in one day to date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations from the whole gang at Urban Yukon! But what art pieces are we to look at every day now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Yukondude
    I will be doing more ! I just had a break yesterday :J

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were away on a 2 week vacation, so I could not follow your blog.
    Congratulations to a great accomplishment, Jackie.
    Horst and Inge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Jackie! Since Christmas I've kind of fallen off the map. Beautiful work and I'm super inspired by you creating a goal and finishing it. You've set the tone for artists to push their boundaries and challenge themselves. As a fellow artist (in a different medium-writing) I am super excited to push my boundaries right now and get writing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Amanda ! I want to keep pushing the boundaries too. So I hope my genius is sending something good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Horst and Inge
    Thanks so much for commenting and following along on this project :)

    ReplyDelete