"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Sunday 1 January 2012

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #93

"Yukon Golden Sunset"
5"x7", Acrylic
SOLD
 I am living a  fulfilled life and I am grateful for this.
I am contented with where I am at. 
 I am not sure what my destination is but I am  enjoying the journey.  When I look back over the last year, I see that it really matters little what I do with my painting - what matters is that I create.  That's why I did the 100 in a 100.  I do not feel that I possess any special powers or abilities over people that are not artistic, we all have things that we are naturally talented at and we can decide to show up for them or not.
I don't have any goals right now and I feel ok about this.

What matters is that I show up on a daily basis in my life and do the things that I need to do with my whole being, with gusto, with love- the best I can.
 It may be washing the dishes, sweeping the floor, working out, painting, singing, praying, chopping wood, lighting a fire, snowshoeing, cooking, reading, teaching, working, being and more.  This may sound like a no brainer but I don't think it is because for years I was dissatisfied with where I was at- I thought it wasn't good enough.
This didn't feel good for obvious reasons.
If I can do what is naturally before me mindfully, in the present, the best I can it will create something spectacular in my life.
AND THIS ULTIMATELY MAKES MY WORLD AND THE WHOLE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
Happy New Year all!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,
    I love this painting, even though I remember how I would get so tired of black spruce when we lived in the Yukon. You know some places where it seems like miles and miles of black spruce, drunken and falling over black spruce.

    But then the light comes and everything is beautiful.

    Stay warm up there,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angela;
    this pantings is one of my "imagination pieces" I do paint a lot of spruce. I would like to start painting some pines - they have those gnarled branches and a windswept look.

    ReplyDelete