"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 3 January 2012

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #95

"Hiking above the Magundy"
6"x8", Acrylic
SOLD
"I want my paintings to "grab" you when you look at them. I want to take you to another place... make you feel something, move you, inspire you.  My process is joyful, playful, imperfect, messy, busy, amateurish, impassioned, impatient, experimental, sublime .... some paintings miss the mark but if just one can achieve this.... then I have succeeded. 
My life is a work of art in progress."
Jackie Irvine
(Note:  The last line I am not sure if I am the first to say this I hope I authored it!  the rest I am sure these words are my quote!)

2 comments:

  1. Some of your paintings DO 'grabe' me and they take me to another place. HOME and HIKING aroud Faro.I just love your little paintings.

    Horst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Horst;
    I guess I desire this result because that is what happens to me when I see other artists" works. Although, there is a paradox here because I don't paint with other people in mind. I truly believe that a work of art creates a relationship all its own with the world. Some of your paintings have grabbed me too!
    When you come back to Faro this summer I would like to have you as a guest on my blog if you are willing
    Happy New Year
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete