"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Thursday 12 January 2012

100 PAINT... oops! I mean MORE ROSES

Well, Fellow Bloggers, Followers, Friends and Peanut Gallery 
I need your opinion!   Two Rose Paintings 
Which One (I won't tell you  which one I like and don't)
Any comments feedback that you have would be greatly appreciated!
Roses #1
sold
or
Roses # 2
sold
Both are done on 4"x4" canvases  No.1 is smooth no texture 
No. 2 has lots of texture (globs of paint actually)

"There is nothing more difficult for a truly creative painter than to paint a rose, because before he can do so he has first to forget all the roses that were ever painted."
Henri Matisse

6 comments:

  1. I Pick #2!! But they are both beautiful like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rose #2, and I agree with your daughter......:) keep up the great works of art....

    ReplyDelete
  3. #2 has more depth, and that's what I like about it. It's not so much a texture thing, I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well! Everyone picked #2. I thought the first one was better. But I played more with the paint on the second. Whose to say? I guess the lesson is what I like doesn't mean that the observer will like too. thanks for the feedback guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment JAckie! Really cold here now in France, guess it must be about -8? Bet that sounds like Summer to you. Bythe way I particularly like this one, No 2, with the thick impasto paint. Because it has more emotion and shows confidence, the first looks too careful.

    But thats only my opinion.

    KEEP WARM x

    ReplyDelete