"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 22 March 2011

REPLENISHING THE CREATIVE SPIRIT

Spring - Magundy River
(Would make a lovely painting)

Elisabeth Barrett Browning  wrote: 
 "The earth is crammed with Heaven and every common bush afire with God"

I don't know about the rest of you - but when this weather hits - it's like a miracle to me! The sunlight and the warmth.  I love going for walks and yet I am so used to being at my easel indoors that I have to make sure that I get outside!  Once I step out and walk- my spirits lift immediately. I soak up the light and feel the wind on my face.  I feel energized.  This time of year is so phenomenal!  Being outside rejuvenates, invigorates and provides much needed energy after a long winter (it feels like it's over)
I am going out to Magundy today.
My final word is this: 
"We all need to replenish our creative spirits... this is best done by being in the great outdoors. Something as simple as a walk can fill  your creative well for the rest of  the day."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jackie,a strong cup of coffee makes me feel the same way :) hahaha

    ReplyDelete