"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 19 March 2011

ART IS A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY

I was reading my Twice Weekly Newsletter from Robert Genn and the topic was :"A Spiritual Event

A spiritual awakening is often found and developed in a wilderness. It can be a poem or a parable of a deep forest, a mountain meadow or a cactus-studded desert. The outdoor spirit of plein air refreshes and further enables the indoor studio chapel. Each new creative beginning is a confirmation of the simple truth of taking care. And while it may all appear to be self-indulgent and isolating, every thought, every stroke, every caress of the brush adds a small refreshment of meaning and purpose to our universe. "Work is love made visible." (Kahlil Gibran)

I find  this to be so true in my life as a painter. It is important for me to have a place where I can focus and work.  Magundy is my sanctuary. My place to do my art. The act of living in the wilderness amongst the trees and by the river replenishes my creative spirit. 

I have finished the Magundy River -The Bend


MAGUNDY RIVER - THE BEND






No comments:

Post a Comment