"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 21 November 2017

Yukon College Workshop: Paint Winter with a Klondike Cabin

We had a workshop with a group of locals at the Faro, Yukon College Campus this Saturday past.  Paint a snow scene with a Cabin and the winter moon. We used 6x8 canvases and acrylic paint, chocolate cookies and coffee!

 I painted an acrylic painting a few years ago of this theme, which gave me the idea - it is shown below.  We had a great time and a lot of the ladies that attended this class have been painting for quite some time. Some of them attended a series of workshops I ran  weekly in 2013 - funded by Recreation Parks Association .  After the workshop series was over, a lot of them kept on painting ..... I love their enthusiasm & results!

Klondike Cabin 2013
 8x10 Acrylic on Canvas



The Ladies' Paintings - Beautiful!

Painted this one as a demonstration :)
8x10 Acrylic on Canvas




.

No comments:

Post a Comment