"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Sunday 5 March 2017

Northern Lights Painting Demos for Grade One Students


This is a very simple demonstration ( in five parts) of how to paint the Northern Lights.
We've seen them a lot lately in our night skies because when it gets very cold outside the skies get very clear and you can see the stars and the lights too!  I told you in the video it was -34 this morning.  I cannot walk Chevy for very long when it is this cold because her little feet get very cold!

You will notice that I have not put too many details in the painting ..... You can use your imagination to decide what you put under your sky!  In Part 4: I show you that I put in a horizon line and some water and a row of trees with their reflection.  You may choose to put a row of big spruce trees or some mountains.  That is the BEAUTY of painting.... you get to decide! 
Wishing you the very best with yours :) 

In the next post you will see the finished painting.

Part One:  Set Up and Materials





Part 2: Working on the Sky



Part 3: More On the Sky


          Part 4: Adding Some Water & Horizon Line           



                    

Part 5: Putting in Trees and Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment