"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Tuesday 11 November 2014

Submission No. 2 Northwestel Directory Cover Contest - The South Canol

Original Acrylic on 16x20 Inch Canvas
"Sunny Autumn Day - Lapie Lakes, Yukon

I have painted this scene a number of times,  it's a beautiful spot on the South Canol Highway in the Campbell Region of the Yukon.  This highway which was built in World War 11;  it is a rough and narrow winding road which affords some of the most beautiful views of valleys and pristine alpine lakes in the Yukon.  Below you can see the other paintings, I have done of this same Highway.  Two are of the same location and the other paintings are  from places along the the South Canol.

You are allowed two submissions every year to the Northwestel Contest.  I will admit I was disappointed that neither of my submissions were picked. But on the other hand there can only be one winner and it must be very hard for the judges with so many entries to pick from.   It will be neat to see in the spring what painting will be this year's winner.   I will be happy for the artist!  and there is always  next year for me to try again. 

*All Painting Below are Part of the 100 Painting in 100 Days Collection from 2011/12


 8x10
 6x8
 5x7
 8x10
8x10
8x10
8x10
Original 6x8 Acrylic on Canvas
Lapie Lakes, South Canol
Private Collection, France

No comments:

Post a Comment