"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 8 November 2014

Submission No. 1 Northwestel Directory Cover Contest


I spent an afternoon sitting at the pond down the lane from our cabin in July, blocking in the shapes and colours of one of my favourite spots on this earth.   The work was unfinished until early September.  I submitted this piece to the Northwestel Phone Book Cover Competition.   It was not picked but I am glad I took the time to paint it anyways. 
I actually put in two submissions and neither was chosen but you can't win if you don't try.  I will submit again next year! 



22x28 Acrylic on Birch Panel
"Summer 2014, Pond at Magundy

This the first draft, it took a couple of hours to get it to this stage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment