"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Monday 6 January 2014

Abstract Art with Grades 6 to 8 at the Del Van Gorder School

The parameters for this project were quite wide so the students could design their own images. I usually do not do this but abstract art can be such an individual form of creative expression. I  thought this would be interesting to see what each student came up with.  I asked the teacher that they be given some class time before the project day to surf and  print out symbols, a quote or their names so we could decoupage these into their abstract pieces. Some chose to do this and some did not.  The medium used was acrylic on a 9x12 canvas board. Three hours (a school morning) was the time allotted for this work of art.

Below are the finished pieces produced:
  a highly creative and unique expression by each student!

















No comments:

Post a Comment