"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 29 June 2013

Summer Fun! Workshop: Outdoor Painting for Seniors

This is turning into a really busy summer for me!  I am in the midst of running a 12 week Outdoor Painting for Seniors  program which is funded by Recreation and Parks Yukon.  
I am also running a program for youth in our neighbouring community of Ross River for 12 weeks. So once a week on Mondays and Wednesdays I am busy painting with these groups.  I have been preparing for a solo show in Whitehorse which opens on July 5th and runs until July 30th.  Plus painting commissions and keeping my galleries happy in Faro.  I don't have time to stop!  
The seniors  just completed week 4 and it was 32 degrees celsius outside during our last session -  the week that we painted the wild roses that are blooming all around the local interpretive centre where we sit outdoors.

Watercolour Demo:  Wild Roses




Some samples of their works! 
Wild Roses

Faro Peak from the Pelly

No comments:

Post a Comment