"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Friday 21 June 2013

Mixed Media with Watercolour - Anvil Range, Yukon

One  of the most beautiful places on earth.... the Yukon Wilderness.  I am so grateful that I live in such a beautiful landscape.  It really inspires me.   

This little work is a Mixed Media Painting. It has watercolour, graphite, ink, conte, and coloured pencil on 300 lbs Arches Rough Watercolour paper. I break all the rules with my watercolours. I work them and work them and then work them some more!  I remember reading about Rembrandt once and how he did his watercolours and sketches, I felt so grateful for reading this little commentary on him, I felt not so alone. He would grab whatever was close at hand and rub and scratch until he got the desired effect he was looking for. Yes!  I do the same. 

Original Mixed Media on Arches Paper (300 lbs)
Anvil Range, Yukon

No comments:

Post a Comment