"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Thursday 15 August 2013

Painting on a Larger Scale

Sunset on LIttle Salmon
Original Watercolour and Ink
4"x6"

I recently received a commission to do this painting but on a much larger scale.  This is essentially a thumbnail of 4 inches by 6 inches. I have painted literally hundreds of paintings this size. The washes are so easy as they are just a "swish" of the brush. I have stretched out a piece of arches watercolour paper that will measure 20 inches by 30 inches. I hope to  somewhat capture the same place.  It definitely does create some challenges for me like:  Doing washes this big take skill and speed.  I will have to really plan that out.  Also, I have not been painting in watercolour lately so feel a bit rusty.   I will post my results next week as the painting will be done by this weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to seeing your larger painting of this beautiful scene Jackie. Thanks so much for the lesson you gave me last week! Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glenda, It was so nice to see you in Faro and we all enjoyed having you at the painting class.

    ReplyDelete