"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 10 November 2012

Ross River, Yukon Watercolour Workshop


About three weeks ago, in Ross I had the pleasure of doing some art work with a small and great group of people. We used oil pastel and watercolour to create a scene with Aspens in Fall.  Masking fluid was used as well to maintain the Aspen trees and pencil,  and ink was used for detailing the trees.  The oil pastel and masking fluid "resist" the watercolour making it fun to put washes on. I would like to thank Kitty Sperling and Yasmine Djabri for making this workshop possible through funding provided by:
 Yukon College, Ross River Campus.

Some beautiful samples are shown below:
It always amazes me and gives me such a great feeling to see the finished works!

Workshop  Participants





No comments:

Post a Comment