"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 24 March 2012

Kids Painting Workshop - Acrylic, Impasto & Glazing

Painting Demonstration
Using Impasto Gel, and Glazing Techniques
Kid Workshop - Ages 9 and 10
sold
I had the privilege of doing another workshop with the youth of Faro.
We painted fireweed on Canvas using impasto gel, and used glazes so they could see how colours can lay on top of each other and influence each other. It was a small group of 10 year olds.
When I paint with younger children it brings me back to when I did art with my children when  I home schooled them, it was a very important part of their development creatively and intellectually.
  Whenever I do a workshop with children I give them the finest of materials.  I impress upon them that they are using exactly the same tools that I would use to create a work of art and they can now create the same way if they wish. I teach them skills and then encourage self-expressiona and spontaneity as well.  I like them to enjoy the process and do not focus on the end result, there is a bit of self-discipline involved for this group because it took two days to get the finished result, but the kids were so happy and proud of their accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment